Linux workstation with dual LCD monitors at 1920×1200 resolution on each screen. Need to have a single virtual Windows machine running on both monitors at full screen.
1. Set-up Linux to use both monitors as single display using Twinview.
2. Install VMware Workstation. My installation version was 5.5.3 build-34685.
3. Install the virtual Windows machine.
4. Install VMWare Tool from the virtual Windows machine. Make sure VMware Tool is running.
5. Edit the virtual machine config, *.vmx file.
svga.maxwidth = “3840″
svga.maxheight = “1200″
svga.vramSize = “134217728″
* Width is 3840 because width of dual monitors, 1920+1920=3840.
* Default virtual graphic card ram size is 16MB. This is not enough to get the full 3840×1200 display. Need to adjust to higher value hence 134217728 @ 128MB.