Joomla! Extension: Xmap
Xmap is a Joomla! extension based on the popular Joomap component. Xmap allows you to create a map of your site using the structure of your menus.
You can add your sitemap to your Google account in Google Sitemap to provide it with additional information about your site. The objective is clearly, to make your website Google-friendly so it will improve search engine optimization of your website.
How To Add Sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools with Xmap
1. Install Joomla! Extension, Xmap
2. In Administrator page, go to menu Components > Xmap. This will open the Xmap Configuration window.
3. You can add additional menu with click add menu.
4. Click the blue arrow, choose Preferences menu.
5. In XML Sitemap, copy and paste the url code to notepad. Just use the url started with index.php. This code will use in Google sitemap.
6. Go to Google Webmaster Tools. This will open the Dashboard.
7. Add your site url in Sites field. Click Add Site button. Verify your website first.
8. Go to Sitemaps menu.
9. Click Add a Sitemap.
10. Choose Add General Web Sitemap in drop-down menu.
11. Paste the XML Sitemap code (remember just add the url started with index.php, don’t add your site url).
12. Click Add General Sitemap button.
Extend the Xmap capability with Xmap plugin
You can add Xmap plugin (download it from the official website) that can add sitemap from various extension, such as Fireboard, DOCMan, or zOOm Media Gallery. After you download it extract, there is only one file, extension_name.plugin.php. Upload it to administrator > components > com_xmap > plugins folder.